Halifax Electronic Permitting
The Halifax Regional Municipality launched Phase 1 of their new online permit management, plan review, and inspection services system in December.
The Halifax Regional Municipality launched Phase 1 of their new online permit management, plan review, and inspection services system in December. The new system allows you to:
- Apply & search for a permit/application
- View & track the status of your permit/application
- Make secure online payments
- Access your account 24/7 - when it's convenient for you
- Receive E-notifications when your permit is issued
- Print your own permit as soon as its ready
- Know immediately if you require other work permits
- Easily track all your permitting and building inspection activity, from initial application to completion, renewal, or expiration
- Request inspections when you're ready and immediately review results when complete
- Reduce paper waste
Please note that all measurement fields in the PPL&C online system must be entered using metric measurements (square meters). There is a 3-month grace period post go-live, allowing for existing documents already prepared to be submitted without metric measurements. All net new plans submitted following this 3-month period should include metric measurements.
Find out more at https://www.halifax.ca/home-property/building-development-permits/permitting-planning-licencing-compliance-solution.