Start Date: 10/12/2022 8:00 AM ADT
End Date: 10/12/2022 2:00 PM ADT
Venue Name: Bluenose Ballroom at Hotel Halifax Location:
1990 Barrington St
Halifax, NS Canada B3J 1P2
BOMA Nova Scotia
Resilience In The Commercial Real Estate Industry - October 12th, 2022
Resilience in the Commercial Real Estate Industry: Protecting value for an uncertain future.
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Workshop [8:30 AM - 12:00 PM]
In conjunction with BOMA Canada, BOMA Nova Scotia will host our Resilience in the Commercial Real Estate Industry Workshop on October 12th, 2022. This workshop, like others being held across Canada, will introduce and describe the latest technical guidance on resilience for the CRE industry. We will be hearing from Chris Snider, Head of Sales and Distribution from Zurich, Howard Lu, Director, Product Management & Innovation from GDI Ainsworth, and Alexander Hay, Risk, Resilience & Security Planning Advisor from Southern Harbour, who will all be providing insightful information to operations managers, portfolio risk managers and those engaged in the risk management of real properties. The learning objectives of this session include:
There will be ample opportunity for open discussion and exploring local solutions.
- To understand the role and value of resilience planning in commercial real estate.
- To understand the concepts of location risk assessment and incident sequencing.
- To know what to ask of your consultants, and what right looks like.
Registration starts at 12:00 PM
Luncheon [12:15 PM - 2:30 PM]
BOMA Nova Scotia will also be hosting a luncheon following the workshop, where our speakers Chris Snider, Head of Sales and Distribution from Zurich, Steve Horwood, Vice President in Business Development from GDI Ainsworth, and Alexander Hay, Risk, Resilience & Security Planning Advisor from Southern Harbour, will be discussing some of the key items that could impact your supply chain and how to assess and protect your supply line and revenue effectively. Discussion topics will be related to operational equipment for large real estate, labour workforce to repair/replace critical building services and how to reassess and protect your supply revenue stream continually.
They will be providing insight to the following questions you may have:
- While there are many resources that can help with the supply chain issues?
- Where do you start looking?
- Where do you go after the initial impact analysis assessment has been completed and where to place your focus on protecting your supply chain risk?
- Do I have critical operational equipment that is hard to source parts or replacements for?
- Have we investigated the trades workforce, and can they respond in short order to help repair/replace key mechanical equipment?
Registration & Cost
Members - $99.00 (plus HST)
Non - Members - $149.00 (plus HST)
Luncheon + Workshop
Members - $139.00 (plus HST)
Non - Members - $199.00 (plus HST)
Members - $60.00 (plus HST)
Non - Members - $90.00 (plus HST)