Building Operator, GWL Realty Advisors
Please send interested profiles to Bill.Macneil@gwlra.com with subject line "Resume BO Halifax"
We’re looking for a Building Operator to ensure that our buildings are being managed and maintained in a safe, presentable, and environmentally friendly manner.
||GWL REALTY ADVISORS
|Posting Start Date:
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps, and various air-handling systems, etc.
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including automatic transfer switches, base building, and tenant generators.
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support maintenance of and ongoing improvements to WHMIS and environmental health and safety programs.
- Ensure cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc. as required.
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability, and Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters.
- Maintain operator logs, checklists, and inspections.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial property management operations
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- Second class or better NS or interprovincial refrigeration plant operator license or the ability to obtain said license within the first two years of employment within our second-class refrigeration plants, a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic certificate of qualification issued under the NS Apprenticeship and Trades Qualifications Act, or an equivalent certification.
- Valid drivers license
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality as we all work closely together, and problem solve together
- A hands-on mechanical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
||This listing expires on: 7/22/2023